We have all missed you during this enforced break and look forward to being able to be of service again. We have been waiting for our respective professional bodies to give us guidelines as to when we could safely open again and how and now feel we can re-open, albeit gently for patients.
The clinic will therefore re-open for chiropractic and podiatry only from the week after bank holiday Monday – Wednesday the 27th May.
We will be taking bookings from Wednesday the 19th May for the following week.
In the first instance we are ONLY able to see acute patients, in emergency, and those we are unable to help via our online chiro-clinic. We would therefore like to share with you HOW this will happen and WHAT we have put in place to follow all the guidelines.
We consider this to be the first phase in getting out of lockdown, and will adapt and change accordingly, as the restrictions change.
What we have set in place for you.
- We have cleared the reception so there is only one chair and less objects.
- We will have a plastic protective screen at the reception and also a floor marking for ensuring a safe distance.
- The podiatry team will have a screen near your face while they are treating you.
- Each practitioner will be using the appropriate PPE shielding for their individual therapies and will initially be using disposable apron, gloves, face mask or visor as indicated.
- The practitioners will disinfect their rooms between each patient.
- The front desk team will disinfect surfaces in reception in between patients.
- We will stagger appointments so that only one person will be in reception at one time.
- We will now offer a more efficient and simple online booking system, and also will give you the option to pay over the phone to reduce contact time in the clinic.
How can we be help you achieve this?
- We now offer online-chiropractic consultations so you can still get support, advice and guidance from your home. Over the lockdown Tone has raised over £600 towards our wellbeing garden for teens with her tele-health consultations!
- We would ask ALL patients to come on time, and if possible, wait outside, or in your car until your appointment time, to reduce flow in the reception.
- We would be really grateful if you come on your own, or only bring one child for their appointment. Please don’t come as a family or bring several siblings at this point.
- We would strongly ask if you can arrive wearing a face mask too, during this initial phase.
- If you prefer you can bring your own towel to lay on the couch as we are unable to provide couch covers at this point.
- We would also only allow the toilet to be used in emergency for now.
Pre- treatment triage
To ensure that we can operate safely we also need to ask you a few questions about yourself before we are sure that having a face-to-face treatment is the right thing for you at this time. The chiropractic team will talk to you before, so that we know if you can have a tele health consultation or face-to-face consultation. Yvette Mann will consult with the podiatry patients before their appointments too. With all bookings we will you send a confirmation with a request to sign a consent form regarding the point below:
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF ANY OF THE COMMENTS BELOW APPLIES TO YOU.
- Have you got any symptoms of cough, difficulty breathing or a fever?
- Have you been in contact with someone with these symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Do you live in a household where someone is classified as ‘vulnerable’ or ‘sheltered’?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you over 70 and have an underlying health condition?
If so, we can offer a tele-health consultation with chiropractor Tone Tellefsen Hughes or a phone conversation with Podiatrist Yvette Mann to find a better solution for you.
Thank you so much for your help in this matter, we endeavour to still create a happy and smiley atmosphere as before, but have done what we can in order to be able to come back care for patients.
If we all work together, we can make this achievable!
The Luck’s Yard Clinic Team.