We are happy to welcome Vanessa Adams to our massage team.
Vanessa holds an ITEC Level 4 Certificate in a Sports Massage Therapy having qualified as a Sports Massage Therapist in July 2014 from St Mary’s University, Twickenham.
Vanessa believes that a common misconception is that you have to be a sports person or already injured to benefit from a deep tissue massage but this is actually not the case.
She comments: “Having worked in the corporate world for over 20 years I understand the impact that this type of work can have on the body as well as the mind.
Whether you are taking exams, a keen gardener, sitting at a desk all day or a sports enthusiast of any level, I honestly believe that you will find deep tissue massage beneficial”.
The possible benefits of receiving a deep tissue massage include:
- Can help to reduce everyday stress and anxiety
- Promotes a sense of well being and aids relaxation
- Assisting in breaking down scar tissue and adhesions from minor soft tissue injuries thereby helping to improve circulation and movement of the affected area
- Can aid the treatment of soft tissue injury
- Assists in the prevention and maintenance of soft tissue injuries (overuse)
Vanessa says: “What I love about Luck’s Yard Clinic is that there are different therapists who can work together to help you become the best version of yourself in mind and body. Deep tissue massage complements all the other treatments available very well”.
When not working Vanessa enjoys running, walking, Pilates and scuba diving.
Vanessa will offer massage on Tuesdays between 8am-12 pm and Saturday mornings.
This content is blocked. Accept cookies to view the content.